Eat local Thunder Bay! Buying from local suppliers is important to Fox on the Go and Fox on the Run for so many reasons:
- Keeps Dollars Local – We support local businesses because it keeps dollars local.
- Keeps Us Local Strong – As the COVID pandemic has shown us, being self-sufficient – especially when it comes to food – helps us weather bad times. Plus, the more we support our local economy, the more likely more local businesses will start up.
- Improves Our Environment – The more we can buy local goods, the less fuel and other pollutants are needed to get a product from A to B.
- Improves Flavour and Health – Food grown and produced locally is fresher, can be picked later, and is healthier for you. It also tastes better!
- Gives Us a Better Connection to Our City and Surroundings – Part of the “Buy Local” movement when it comes to food is that it helps us know where our food is coming from. This isn’t always possible in a climate and region like Northwestern Ontario. But it’s more common than many may think. Why buy potatoes from the United States when B&B Farms is literally just up the road? We are what we eat – and we are Thunder Bay.
Learn how you can hire Fox on the Go for your next Thunder Bay food truck catering event.
When You Get a Bite at Fox on the Go, You Support Many Local Businesses
Here is a list of some of the local growers, producers, and suppliers you support every time stop by Fox on the Go for lunch or a snack:
- European Meats
- Thunder Oak Cheese Farms
- Twin City Refreshments
- Five Star Bakery
- B & B Farms
- Maltese Grocery
Are you a local grower, producer, or supplier and have something that we can add to our menu? Contact Us – we’re always looking for new local businesses to add to this list!